Sunway University Press (SUP) is proud to be a signatory of the UN Sustainable Development Goals Publishers Compact, an initiative launched in collaboration with the International Publishers’ Association to inspire publishers around the world to take action and accelerate progress to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030.
As a member of the Compact, SUP voluntarily commits to the principles of sustainable practices and to publish material that champions the SDGs. In particular, SUP will continue to drive the promotion of Quality Education, alongside our commitment to Good Health and Well-Being, and to Decent Work and Economic Growth.
SUP’s commitment to these SDGs complements our mission to provide an avenue for access to Sunway University’s intellectual property, and to encourage an intellectual environment of sharing, learning, and building.
In addition, together with our fellow signatories of the Publishers Compact, SUP pledges to do the following:
- Committing to the SDGs: Stating sustainability policies and targets on our website, including adherence to this Compact; incorporating SDGs and their targets as appropriate.
- Actively promoting and acquiring content that advocates for themes represented by the SDGs, such as equality, sustainability, justice and safeguarding and strengthening the environment.
- Annually reporting on progress towards achieving SDGs, sharing data and contribute to benchmarking activities, helping to share best practices and identify gaps that still need to be addressed.
- Nominating a person who will promote SDG progress, acting as a point of contact and coordinating the SDG themes throughout the organization.
- Raising awareness and promoting the SDGs among staff to increase awareness of SDG-related policies and goals and encouraging projects that will help achieve the SDGs by 2030.
- Raising awareness and promoting the SDGs among suppliers, to advocate for SDGs and to collaborate on areas that need innovative actions and solutions.
- Becoming an advocate to customers and stakeholders by promoting and actively communicating about the SDG agenda through marketing, websites, promotions and projects.
- Collaborating across cities, countries, and continents with other signatories and organizations to develop, localize and scale projects that will advance progress on the SDGs individually or through their Publishing Association.
- Dedicating budget and other resources towards accelerating progress for SDG-dedicated projects and promoting SDG principles.
- Taking action on at least one SDG goal, either as an individual publisher or through your national publishing association and sharing progress annually.